What is a Telephone Dialup System?
Quite simply it is a device for sending sound (audio) down a normal telephone line, similar to a radio station "phone in". You can simply dial a number on your telephone or mobile from anywhere in the world, and listen in, live, to a sound system. This could be your church, interview suite, kingdom hall, conference centre or ....... anywhere that has a Dialup fitted...... more. For best results, listen via a loudspeaking telephone with volume and tone controls.
What are they used for?
The Telephone Dialup System (TDS) is simply the interface between the telephone network and a sound system. Examples are: Listening to the local meeting hall or church live at home, live translation service, Monitoring a remote interview location, Relaying a conference to an overflow location, Single touch recordings, Remote announcement over PA, Covert recording, Remote monitoring of landlines, Auto answering a premium rate line with a pre-recorded message etc...make money
How does it work?
The Dialup unit is fitted at the sound sending end and connects to both a standard telephone line and the sound source. It can then be used in one of two ways: 1) To automatically answer anyone calling in and connect them to the sound or 2) In manual mode the call is controlled by the sending end.... more.
Where do I start?
First you need to decide what your need is - single (TDS1), single with answer (TDS1SR), or double (TDS2) line unit or a combination of units. Then you need a telephone line installed at the sound source for each listener though note these can be shared with other equipment such as a Fax, telephone, alarm etc. Finally, you need a signal from the sound system....more.
What's different between the new and old versions?
Whilst the function of the Dialup unit remains much the same, it has been radically upgraded and has included virtually all the requests and suggestions from existing users. Major changes are:
- High performance compressor circuit to match audio levels to phone line dynamics. Achieves clearer, louder and more uniform audio signals
- Input attenuator to allow virtually any input signal level ranging from 200mV up to 100V line systems
- Built in maximum grade surge protection to protect against lightning damage
- Simple interfacing - Just plug it in
- All main connections on the back panel
- Extensive use of surface mount technology to maximise reliability
- Facilities socket allows remote control of major functions and remote displays
- Input uses professional XLR type connector for maximum reliability
- Audio front end features balanced line input(s)
- Microprocessor control with watchdog monitoring
- High quality internal parts.
- Line protection fuses reset automatically
- Output signal level easily adjusted with a preset control
- Additional telephone jack added to allow the incoming line to connect at the back and be available on the front of the TDS unit for monitoring. US version has RJ11 connector(s) on front
- Uses double sided fibre glass circuit board with plated through holes
- Wall wart type power supply
- Front panel power on/off switch
- Can auto answer calls
- New smart steel blue case colour
- Very solidly built
- Supplied complete with telephone cable - Just plug in the audio, set the levels and done! Nothing else to buy.